Olive is entering an exciting phase of our journey as we look to build on our early customer success and to scale rapidly. This opportunity will have a meaningful impact on an industry and organizations directly affecting the lives of millions around the world.
As the DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the Olive platform exceeds performance and availability expectations while it continues it’s evolution during a period of extreme growth. This opportunity is perfect for a passionate, hard-working, and talented SRE / DevOps Engineer who has experience supporting mission critical, high availability applications.
Submit your application here
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Designing, engineering and maintain solutions for high resilient and scalable infrastructure and services across multiple environments
- Architect new services, including failure tolerance and self-healing by-design, as well as establishing clear scaling-out paths
- Evaluating and benchmarking new solutions, establishing capacity and growth plans
- Developing scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Establishing and maintaining monitoring, alerting and reporting tools
- Providing on-going operational support
- Collaborating with the Olive team through planning, information sharing and regular communication
- Deploying industry best practices and technologies to streamline our deployment and rollback operations.
- Prioritizing testing efforts and designing tests to cover the most impactful areas.
- Developing tools and processes to support developer efficiency and excellence.
- Designing and enforcing security policies for sensitive data and our systems overall.
- Performing backup/ DR implementations, plans, documentation, and exercises.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to engineering teams on building and maintaining scalable systems.
- Ensuring solid technical documentation for solutions delivered.
- Communicating how engineers should implement testing in their processes.
- Being the Infrastructure and Operation subject matter expert on the team.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- Proven track record in automating build processes and deployments on Microsoft Azure Platform.
- Strong Experience with Azure App Service, Azure Functions, Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless computing, Microservices.
- Passion for technology with a desire to expand your knowledge and skill as well as share and mentor team members.
- Strong prioritization skills, able to resolve issues in a timely manner with an ability to work autonomously, multi-task, and in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Understanding and experience with implementing good security practices in Azure / Kubernetes and other services, pen testing and internal vulnerability analysis / incident response.
- Passion for continuous improvement and a belief in collective success.
- Strong experience creating build and release processes and continuous integration and delivery
- Knowledge and ability to quickly start evaluating, developing, and implementing DevSecOps tooling and processes to embed security within the SDLC.
SKILLS TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE
- 5+ years of DevOps/ SRE experience.
- Strong understanding of Application security testing tools (SAST, DAST, IAST, OSA, or similar.)
- Local and wide area networking technology and concepts: TCP/UDP, TLS/SSL, HTTP, NAT, VPN, etc. IPv6 as asset
- Working knowledge of PKI, asymmetric and symmetric encryption, and other cypher technologies
- Advanced Knowledge and understanding CI/CD pipelines and deployment automation in Microsoft eco-system (e.g., AzureDevOps)
- Experience with DevOps and “infrastructure as code” tools. (e.g., Chef, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet).
- Containerization techniques like Container Orchestration, Monitoring/Alerting, Security best practices, automated deployments, and tools. ( Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum and Kanban) and Tools (Azure DevOps)
- Experience with various Git flows and tools (e.g. GitHub)
- Knowledge of Implementing Automated Tests integration, Code analysis tools, security vulnerability checks, network availability.
- Relevant software engineering experience with at least one language (e.g. C#, Go, Ruby) along with strong coding capabilities
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Have a solid foundation in systems programming, computer science, and software engineering
- Experience in a variety of SRE languages, concepts and frameworks
- Strong MS SQL Server / SQL / T-SQL skills and database management experience.
- Experience with Service Bus/RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, Apache Flink, Redis.
- Knowledge of the payments and/or fintech industries.
- Bachelor’s level education or higher in computer science, information technology, or related experience.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
- Olive is a flexible workplace, with hubs in Waterloo and Montreal. We give priority to candidates within 100km of either location.
- Team members have the option to work from home, or from the office (when it is safe to do so).
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH OLIVE
- Experience a unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a new, growing industry and the millions of people around the world we will help.
- Work alongside an executive team that supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s.
- Autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries.
- You’ll be set up with a MacBook laptop and internet allowance.
- Receive a total compensation package that includes a competitive health benefits package and stock options.
- Support for your breaks to rest and recharge including three weeks vacation, paid sick days, and the additional flexibility to take pre-approved workcation weeks that let you work from any internet-connected location you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as one team.