Senior Account Manager
Olive is entering an exciting phase of our journey as we look to build on our early customer success and to scale rapidly. This opportunity will have a meaningful impact on an industry and an organization directly affecting the lives of millions around the world.
As the Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for helping close new business in partnership with our business development team, for onboarding those new customers from contract signing to launch, and for expanding their adoption of Olive products post-launch.
This opportunity is perfect for a tech-savvy account manager who enjoys engaging business leaders to identify and present technology solutions to solve meaningful challenges, and who enjoys working with those customers to see those solutions have a positive impact on their customers.
In the first 90 days you’ll be:
- Conduct mock sales calls with Olive team members as you learn the product and customer profile inside and out.
- Learn the end-to-end customer process, run scoping meetings, product demos, and onboard your first customer.
- Learn our features and product roadmap and be able to communicate these to a growing portfolio of customers.
- Establish your processes and procedures to grow and manage a pipeline of customers.
In addition, and ongoing, you will be:
- Demonstrate Olive in support of sales & business development activities, and as a tool for validating customer requirements and solutions.
- Manage the onboarding of your customers, acting as the primary customer contact and liaison to the product engineering team.
- Partner with customers post-launch to help them follow best practices and ensure the successful adoption of Olive, working with them to identify ways to optimize enrollments.
- Grow your revenue under management, your “book of business”, by identifying opportunities to upgrade or service additional Olive use cases, to increase cardholder enrollments into Olive, and to identify new product opportunities that drive revenue.
- Work closely with and be responsible for escalating customer issues across multiple business units within Olive.
- Work in close collaboration with the Engineering and Product teams to identify, communicate and define customer needs and requirements for the Olive platform.
- Contribute thought leadership and assist to implement strategies to improve efficiency as the company grows. Contribute to Olive’s Knowledge Base and create world class content to help current and future customer success.
- 5+ years of sales/ pre-sales experience selling SaaS, leveraging a consultative approach to determine customer needs, and closing $100K+ deals
- You use the power of storytelling to attract and sustain the attention of the room.
- You are adaptable and ambitious, with a demonstrated ability to excel in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- You want to work with the product, innovation and growth executives at the top companies around the world.
- You enjoy selling products that lean closer to the technical side.
- You have a passion for payments tech, fintech or loyalty solutions.
- You thrive in a goal-oriented and high-growth environment that works as a team to achieve results.
- Are empathetic and know that active listening is the key to becoming an all-star seller.
- Understand the power of research and always are prepared for the meetings you join.
- You start with the why.
- You have a customer-first mentality and demonstrated success in establishing and cultivating strong customer relationships in a SaaS-based environment.
- You have exceptional writing and communication skills; clarity and concision of thought.
- You are a process machine with a track record of rigorous organization, process execution, and follow-through.
- You are capable of prioritizing and allocating resources to / focus efficiently on multiple projects
- Experienced with using CRM tools to track customer communications and history.
- Experience presenting to senior executive and c-level teams in a B2B sales context.
- You have a strong technical aptitude, an ability to dig into software products, and are comfortable figuring out how it works.
- You are skilled at translating complex technology concepts into terms non-technical people can easily understand.
- A working knowledge of RESTful APIs and comfort explaining how they work.
- Olive is a hybrid workplace environment - we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two hub locations, meaning that employees live and work within a 100 KM radius of Waterloo (within Ontario) or Montreal (within Quebec).
- Olive’s headquarters are located in Waterloo, and we have co-working space in Montreal. Employees have the option to work in the office (when it’s safe to do so) or from home.
- You’ll regularly collaborate with your teams virtually and/or in the office during core hours. Otherwise, you have the flexibility to work remotely or in the office on your deliverables.
- Experience a unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a new, growing industry and the millions of people around the world we will help.
- Work alongside an executive team that supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s.
- Tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries.
- You’ll be set up with a MacBook laptop and internet allowance.
- Receive a total compensation package that includes a competitive health benefits package and stock options.
- Support for your breaks to rest and recharge including three weeks vacation, paid sick days, and the additional flexibility to take pre-approved workcation weeks that let you work from any internet-connected location you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as one team.