Senior Product Marketing Manager
Olive is entering an exciting phase of our journey as we look to build on our early customer success and to scale rapidly. This opportunity will have a meaningful impact on an industry and an organization directly affecting the lives of millions around the world.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager you will be responsible for developing and executing product marketing initiatives to support the Olive platform. You’ll help define the value, messaging, and go-to-market strategies, as well as execute the campaigns that drive product adoption. You’ll also become the resident marketing expert on our product, our B2B customers, and the wider market.
This opportunity is perfect for an experienced marketer who has a passion for B2B technologies, the fintech industry, and for making a positive impact on people’s lives.
In the first 90 days you’ll be:
- Become the marketing expert on our products and our customers.
- Crafting positioning for our brand and products including defining our target segments, core value proposition, sales narrative, position in the market relative to competition and expectations.
- Collaborating with the Olive executive team, customers and partners to identify and articulate the product roadmap and go to market messaging for the products.
In addition, and ongoing, you will be:
- Establish strategy and execution plans for Olive marketing and communications to prospects, customers, partners and investors.
- Develop and execute cross-functional go-to-market plans for new product and feature launches, including measuring the effectiveness of product campaigns and adoption.
- Build marketing collateral that will enable direct sales, channel partners and inbound effort to drive sales opportunities and the adoption of our products.
- Ensure consistent product and corporate messaging across channels.
- Organize and create Olive’s presence at conference and networking events.
- Write, edit and manage content for our website, blog, and other channels.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a B2B marketing and/or demand generation role where you've owned the strategy and managed the day-to-day execution.
- You’ll have a track record of success in building and scaling an Enterprise marketing engine.
- You are both highly data-driven and results-oriented – and possess deep knowledge of B2B SaaS and marketing metrics.
- You have an in-depth knowledge of modern marketing methodologies, including account and persona-based marketing, digital engagement, acquisition strategies, and more.
- You have extensive knowledge of marketing technology, and can not only build the tech stack but also know how to use it and train others on it too.
- You're an exceptional leader, a great manager, and a passionate teacher – all highly valued in our people leaders.
- You are comfortable operating at both a strategic and tactical level - you’re equally comfortable developing launch plans and messaging as you are doing customer interviews and building marketing collateral.
- You are able to make take complex technology-based solutions and make them easy to understand - you will become the main storyteller for our products, our customers, and the market and need to be able to translate that information into compelling narratives for different audiences
- Experience across geographies - you understand that the value a solution provides can differ for people in different markets and you have experience bridging that gap
- An attention to detail - you know the devil is in the details and that understanding all the aspects and dependencies of any given project will allow you to drive the best results
- Proactively stay on top of and understand the market and competitive landscape to identify and drive opportunities for growth.
- Proven experience in the creation and development of product strategy, positioning and messaging.
- Ability to take initiative, lead virtual teams and work autonomously.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and be confident in working through ambiguity.
- Use data to drive marketing decisions and actions.
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communicator; able to understand and translate complex concepts effectively to different audiences and across all levels of a global organization
- Ability to build strong working relationships that allow you to challenge and influence stakeholders whilst still having fun everyday.
- Demonstrated experience building new product value propositions to develop and launch new products or features
- Demonstrated experience building cross-sell and product lifecycle strategies based on customer and data insights.
- Experience configuring SaaS CRM, website and digital tools - bonus points if you're able to use HTML and CSS in that process.
It would also be nice (but not a deal-breaker!) if you had:
- Familiarity with HubSpot and Google Analytics
- Experience in payments, fintech and/or financial services.
- Experience marketing directly to B2B customers.
- Graphic design skills and are comfortable creating images to support messaging (or be the messaging).
- Experience working in a brand marketing agency setting.
- Olive is a hybrid workplace environment - we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two hub locations, meaning that employees live and work within a 100 KM radius of Waterloo (within Ontario) or Montreal (within Quebec).
- Olive’s headquarters are located in Waterloo, and we have co-working space in Montreal. Employees have the option to work in the office (when it’s safe to do so) or from home.
- You’ll regularly collaborate with your teams virtually and/or in the office during core hours. Otherwise, you have the flexibility to work remotely or in the office on your deliverables.
- Experience a unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a new, growing industry and the millions of people around the world we will help.
- Work alongside an executive team that supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s.
- Tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries.
- You’ll be set up with a MacBook laptop and internet allowance.
- Receive a total compensation package that includes a competitive health benefits package and stock options.
- Support for your breaks to rest and recharge including three weeks vacation, paid sick days, and the additional flexibility to take pre-approved workcation weeks that let you work from any internet-connected location you’ve always wanted to visit.
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat to celebrate the big wins and milestones as one team.