Full Stack Developer
Olive is entering an exciting phase of our journey as we look to build on our early customer success and to scale rapidly. This opportunity will have a meaningful impact on an industry and organizations directly affecting the lives of millions around the world.
As the Full Stack Developer you will be focused on scaling up our business by building the next generation of Olive services and applications and improve how we deliver Financial Empowerment as a ServiceTM. This opportunity is perfect for an established developer who loves to dig into the code to build great products and is excited to make an impact on the people and customers Olive serves.
Submit your application here
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- End-to-end development of software systems from architecture and design through development to deployments and maintenance.
- Experimenting with and evaluating new technologies.
- Completing front-end & back-end development and architecture.
- Participating in peer code reviews.
- Implementing appropriate testing methodologies based on the project risk levels.
- Collaborating with software developers and business stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and mobile-based solutions built on Microsoft technologies.
- Preparing documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of code you deliver.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and platform problems.
- Providing third-level support to business users.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 2-4 years of experience working in roles as a full stack developer.
- High standards of software quality for the code you write.
- Passion for collaborating with internal and external customers to build features that solve problems.
- Enthusiasm for working in small, fast moving teams.
- Detailed understanding of the current and emerging trends in application development, platforms as a service, and payment technologies.
- Pride in your abilities to deliver solid code, to scale technology platforms.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering, the Sciences or Mathematics.
SKILLS TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with C#, React, Node.js and SQL Server.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with API’s and RESTful Web Services
- Experience in writing solid Unit, Integration and UI tests,
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Experience working with payments data or payments-focused APIs.
- Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/ deployment environments.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
- Olive is a flexible workplace, with hubs in Waterloo and Montreal. We give priority to candidates within 100km of either location.
- Team members have the option to work from home, or from the office (when it is safe to do so).
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH OLIVE
- Experience a unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a new, growing industry and the millions of people around the world we will help.
- Work alongside an executive team that supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s.
- Autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries.
- You’ll be set up with a MacBook laptop and internet allowance.
- Receive a total compensation package that includes a competitive health benefits package and stock options.